.webp)
U.S. President Donald Trump has said that a Memorandum of Understanding in ceasefire talks to end the US-Israel war with Iran “has been largely negotiated”.
Trump said on Saturday that the agreement will include reopening the Strait of Hormuz, adding that it remained “subject to finalisation” by US and Iranian negotiators and “various other countries”.
The US president made the announcement after holding a call with leaders and officials from Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Pakistan, Jordan, Egypt, Turkiye, and Bahrain. He said he also held a separate call with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
Posting on Truth Social, he said: “Final aspects and details of the Deal are currently being discussed, and will be announced shortly.”
Shehbaz Sharif, Pakistan’s prime minister, said his country would continue its efforts to facilitate dialogue between both sides and expressed hope that Islamabad could host future US–Iran talks “very soon”.
The announcement was the latest turn in a week that began with Trump threatening Iran that time was running out for an agreement on a more lasting ceasefire. He later told reporters he had been just moments away from resuming attacks, which he then decided to put “on hold” at the behest of Gulf countries.
Source: Al Jazeera
